Vacant position at the Drakensberg Boys Choir School
By on the 31 May 2012
The Drakensberg Boys Choir School is an independent school with an emphasis on choir singing. The school has a Christian ethos and caters for boys from Grade 4 to Grade 9.
Suitably qualified applications are invited for the following full time position: Music Teacher
The successful candidate will:
- have the ability to teach Music Theory, Aural and Practical Instrumental Tuition.
- have choral coaching and choral conducting experience.
- possess skill, knowledge and experience in vocal coaching.
- possess sufficient keyboard competency.
- coach performance repertoire, and assist in the preparation of new repertoire.
- work in a team and assist in training choristers in preparation for performances under the direction of the Director of Music.
- show competence in various performing genres.
- have experience in assisting the coaching of performance repertoire.
- perform with choirs at national and international concerts and rehearsals.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- fully support the ethos of the school.
- be committed to the duties associated with an independent boys’ boarding school.
- enjoy an enviable lifestyle accompanied by housing, medical aid and pension benefits.
- commence service as soon as possible.
Information about the school is available on the website: www.dbchoir.co.za.
Letters of application, accompanied by a brief CV and three contactable references, must be sent to the Director of Music via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or fax (036-468 1709) before 15 June 2012.
Please note that the actual interview will consist of a public choir rehearsal of approximately 30 minutes as well as an interview with the management of the school.
Please note that the Drakensberg Boys Choir School reserves the right not to fill posts and that applicants are not guaranteed an interview.
Back to the home page | Back to the news